Sunday, May 16, 2010

Groovin' the Moo 2010 - Canberra

It was a festival in Canberra. A festival. In Canberra. A festival. In Canberra. I might have paid $90 to bash my head against the inside of a porta-potty just to support the idea of a FESTIVAL in CANBERRA, but the lineup was sufficient that I didn't have to.

Spoon brought it as usual, and I was impressed by Tegan & Sarah's simple yet exacting pop, but less so with Vampire Weekend - I just don't care for their music.

The event was organised excellently. In contrast to the abortion that was Soundwave, the area was more than sufficient and the food and drink vendors were many and various. I hope the Canberra leg of Groovin' the Moo was popular enough to justify it returning in the future, but doesn't get popular enough to ruin it. If I want to tempt heatstroke while pushing my way against a tide of pissheads to get to the end of a long queue for a bottle of water, I'll go to a festival in Sydney.

Silverchair performing "Ana's Song (Open Fire)" during their hits-laden set:

No comments:

Top 50 Albums of 2020

 50. Sarah Jarosz - World on the Ground 49. Glenn Richards - FIBATTY! 48. Soccer Mommy - Color Theory 47. Porridge Radio - Every Bad 46. Mat...