Monday, April 16, 2018
Thursday, February 22, 2018
The following albums all have significant birthdays this year.
Happy 5th Birthday, Arcade Fire's Reflektor!
Happy 10th Birthday, The Roots' Rising Down!
Happy 20th Birthday, Mansun's Six!
Happy 25th Birthday, Nirvana's In Utero!
Happy 30th Birthday, The Church's Starfish!
Happy 40th Birthday, Wire's Chairs Missing!
Happy 50th Birthday, The Jimi Hendrix Experience's Axis: Bold As Love!
Saturday, January 27, 2018
Friday, January 26, 2018
Wednesday, January 17, 2018
30. METZ - Strange Peace
29. No Joy - Creep EP
28. King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard - Sketches of Brunswick East
27. Nathan Oliver - Head in the Sand EP
26. Guided By Voices - August By Cake
25. Beck - Colors
24. David Bowie - No Plan EP
23. Xiu Xiu - Forget
22. J. Zunz - Silente
21. Boris - Dear
20. St. Vincent - Masseduction
19. Iron &Wine - Beast Epic
18. Béla Fleck & Abigail Washburn - Echo in the Valley
17. King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard - Flying Microtonal Banana
16. Queens of the Stone Age - Villains
15. King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard - Gumboot Soup
14. Guided By Voices - How Do You Spell Heaven
13. Kendrick Lamar - DAMN.
12. Total Control - Laughing At the System EP
11. Waxahatchee - Out in the Storm
10. Benjamin Booker - Witness
9. Pond - The Weather
8. Spoon - Hot Thoughts
7. King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard - Murder of the Universe
6. Mogwai - Every Country's Sun
5. King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard - Polygondwanaland
4. Torres - Three Futures
3. Slowdive - Slowdive
2. Run the Jewels - Run the Jewels 3 (I know it was fucking released 24 December 2016)
1. LCD Soundsystem - American Dream
Friday, November 10, 2017
Sunday, October 29, 2017
Sunday, October 22, 2017
Echo in the Valley builds on what the duo learnt the first time around and brings their songwriting to the fore. The first time around, Fleck and Washburn both wrote the bulk of the album, but did so separately on all but two songs; on Echo in the Valley, it's a collaborative effort all over. There's less reliance on both traditional material and traditional influences in general, but the album evokes a bygone era in less tangible ways.